Decades Of Experience In Labor Law
At San Diego Biz Law APC, we have been dealing with labor and employment law issues for decades. We have dealt with these issues not only for clients but for friends as well. As a result, we represent both employers and employees. Although some people wrongfully believe that this is not a good idea, we think it is a great one.
Experienced. Insightful. Strategic.
Representing employers, we know what employees can say and do, what to expect and what surprises can be in store. Representing employees, we have a deeper understanding of what they feel, what bothers them and why they feel betrayed.
What we have learned from each side has helped us become much better lawyers because we have a deeper understanding of the needs and requirements of both employers and employees. Whether you are an employer or employee, we can help you in such matters as:
- Disputes over stock options: These involve issues of compensation arising from the use of stock options.
- Misclassifying employees: Many companies choose to classify full-time employees as contractors to avoid certain tax liabilities.
- Denied meal breaks: Everyone deserves to eat their meals while at work.
- Denied rest breaks: Necessary break times help employees stay productive.
- Unpaid overtime: When you work overtime, you deserve to get paid for that extra work.
- Labor board hearings: When employers or employees take matters to the California labor board, we can help.
- Sexual harassment: We provide skilled representation to clients in issues of inappropriate conduct in the workplace.
- Discrimination: Allegations of discrimination are extremely serious.
- FMLA disputes: We represent employers and employees in issues stemming from the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Tips for employers: What do employers need to know about their legal liabilities?
- Glossary of employment law terms: Everyone should understand certain terms about employment law.
Nothing beats experience, especially when you are at a labor board hearing and there is no time to prepare an answer for a question you didn’t anticipate. California’s labor and employment laws make this a very hard state in which to conduct business, which is why a labor and employment lawyer should be considered an integral member of your team.
Read a few testimonials from satisfied clients.
Employers, especially, have major problems with 1099 issues, and many just don’t get it. As a California employer you need to know which people are employees and which are independent contractors. If you don’t, call us at 877-223-4684. If you simply have a few questions, call us at no charge.
Although people are only supposed to collect unemployment in California if they are fired, we witnessed a recent case scenario where a rogue employee destroyed a company’s infrastructure, lied to the employer, stole from him and later resigned. The labor board decided to ignore the resignation and approve unemployment, which the employer then would have to pay for. We were hired to appeal this case. As an employer, do you think you should know at least one labor and employment lawyer? It’s safer to know your situation before you end up in front of the labor board – by then, it’s often too late. The best way to prevent disasters in this dangerous area of law is to meet with us in advance of an explosion.
You cannot imagine the fines and problems employers are encountering since Senate Bill (SB) 459 became law. An employer faces a $10,000 fine in addition to all the other fines and penalties. The longer you wait, the more they add up, so you really need to deal with this issue as soon as you discover it.
Call Now To Get The Help You Need
We look forward to making your life an easier one. Whether you are an employer or employee, we want to bring some peace of mind and justice to your life. Call now, and get it over with. Our number is 877-223-4684, and you can also reach us by emailing.
We are the law firm that gets the job done. Period. If you are serious about results, call us.